Family Law and Divorce

friendly yet tenacious; we are on your side. Protecting you and your interests

Download Guide

Family Law and Divorce

In some of life’s most sensitive moments you need to feel protected and safe. In our experienced hands you will. Our team of family law experts in Bridgwater, Minehead, Wellington, Yeovil, Martock and Exeter are here to listen and represent you, through mediation, negotiation, or the court process if necessary. Acting with sensitivity, pragmatism and discretion, as accredited family and divorce lawyers, we get results.

Protecting you and your interests in divorce and separation, disputes involving children, cohabitation and pre nuptial agreements, and dissolution of civil partnerships. Contact us for a free 30 minute, no obligation, initial appointment.

Meet some of our Family Law Lawyers

Jan Bailey – Consultant Solicitor

Jan Bailey

Consultant Solicitor

Jan is a consultant solicitor for the firm, dealing with all aspects of Family Law, including complex divorce and financial settlement, wealth protection including drafting and executing pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements, and she has a particular expertise for sensitive children matters. Jan adopts an open and honest approach and strives to achieve the best outcome possible for all her clients and offers support and understanding to those in vulnerable situations. Jan is an exceptional representative of the firm with a wealth of experience and knowledge to be able to give the best advice and guidance in all matters relating to Family Law.
Jan enjoys music, gardening, hill and mountain alpine hiking with her rescue dogs , travel, skiing and ice skating and spending time with her family.

Call Jan on 01278 664060

Jo Richards - Solicitor

Jo Richards


Jo joined the Firm in November 2017 as a solicitor in the Family department. Jo deals with all aspects of family law, including divorce and financial settlements, pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements, cohabitation and settlement agreements and child arrangements cases. Prior to joining the firm, Jo worked as a locum across the South West, and has developed the adept ability to quickly grasp the important issues for a client. Jo establishes effective and professional relationships with her clients, providing that their best interests are always at the forefront of the work she undertakes.

Call Jo on 01278 664060

Sophie Holloway – Trainee Paralegal

Sophie Holloway


Sophie joined the firm in August 2017 in the Business Support team, assisting with business administration and accounts. Sophie has since undertaken CILEX level 3 and is now a Paralegal in the firm's family department. In her spare time, Sophie enjoys painting, reading and spending time with her family.

Call Sophie on 01278664060

Stephanie Hinde Amicus Law

Stephanie Hinde

Family Law Solicitor

Stephanie joined Amicus Law in October 2020 as a Family Solicitor in the Minehead and Bridgwater offices.

Stephanie deals with all aspects of Family Law, including divorce and financial matters, pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements, issues following the separation of unmarried couples and private law children matters.

Stephanie adopts a non-confrontational approach to family law and believes that family disputes are not contests but an attempt to find a solution which is fair to all parties involved. That said, where a more robust approach is required, Stephanie produces excellent results for her client by her determined and firm handling of often emotionally charged situations. Stephanie appreciates that every case is unique and as such provides bespoke and practical advice, tailored to each client’s needs. She also endeavours to negotiate settlements in a manner which is cost effective to her clients and is also in their best interests.

In her spare time, Stephanie enjoys going for walks on the Quantocks where she lives, and spending time with her family.

Call Stephanie on 01643 701888

Family Law Guide

Click the link to download the really useful Guide to Family Law

Download Guide

Defaulting Parties in Litigation – We are all at costs risk

“Innocent parties” in litigation may now find themselves penalised in costs if they do not actively police defaulting parties

In re W – all the parties’ solicitors were penalised for their collective failure to ensure that case management decisions were adhered to, resulting in the waste of scarce court time.

Crucially, all the parties collectively failed to adequately check the documents that were disclosed by third parties. Had they done so, they would have realised that important documents were missing.

Such failures can be punished by wasted costs orders.


No matter how challenging the task, it is clear that lawyers and their professional clients are required to consider, in detail, at the earliest opportunity, not only documents that are disclosed, but also to identify and obtain any missing documents. More broadly, compliance with case management directions is essential, to guard against the risk of wasted costs orders.

Beyond that, everyone in a case, including the court, has a positive duty actively to manage the case.

‘There needs to be a more hands-on approach by all parties with regard to compliance with court orders. No party should be able to sit back as a spectator and watch non-compliance with orders and not shoulder any responsibility that flows as a result of those failures.’

Caroline Salvatore
Family Lawyer
01823 462525

“You’ve left.

But you just haven’t

gone yet.”


We know how you’re feeling.

This may be one of the hardest decisions you will ever make.

Because anything could happen, you need a friendly tenacious specialist and their team fighting in your corner to protect you, your family and your financial security.


Please wait...
Send a message

Get in touch

Your name
* Email
* Describe your issue
Login now

Need more help? Save time by starting your support request online.

Your name
* Email
* Describe your issue
We're online!

Help us help you better! Feel free to leave us any additional feedback.

How do you rate our support?